The Good News:
- Nintendo did release some awesome Zelda artwork.
- Nintendo announced new mobile games coming to iOS and Android platforms in 2016.
- One will be from the Animal Crossing series and the other from the Fire Emblem franchise.
- Both are expected in the fall of 2016 and both were described as more game than app when compared to Miitomo.
- The Animal Crossing mobile game is expected to have some kind of connectivity with Animal Crossing games on “dedicated systems” – Which platform that might be is still unknown.
- Nintendo’s next dedicated gaming platform, code-named NX, has been giving a launch window of March 2017.
- Zelda U has been confirmed to be a dual launch for both Wii U and the aforementioned NX.
The Bad News:
- Zelda U has been delayed until March 2017.
- Zelda U will be the only playable game on the show floor for E3 in 2016.
- Nintendo’s reasoning is to “provide attendees a complete immersion” with Zelda U.
- NX is confirmed to not be at the E3 expo in 2016.
- Nintendo revealed its earnings from April 2015 to March 2016 and they’re down 60% from the previous year.
Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima added the following quote;
“As we report the results of the last fiscal year, we also look forward to an exciting period ahead with further growth in our mobile business, new products for our dedicated video game systems and continued progress in our efforts to increase the number of consumers experiencing our IP through games, licensing and expanded entertainment,”
What do you think of today’s announcements? Let us know by commenting or tweeting at the team @_PSVG