So Nintendo dropped a lot of bombs on us today as far as the 3DS is concerned. Have no fear, the 3DS isn’t going anywhere for at least a while longer. It appears that it is still a good time to own a 3DS with plenty of support coming through 2017. Here’s a rundown of the announcements;
- Super Mario Maker is coming to 3DS systems in December.
- A new Pikmin game was unveiled. This one is a touch-based side scroller coming 2017
- Poochy & Yoshi’s Wooly World is coming to 3DS in February.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword hits Wii U Virtual console today for $20.
- New Zelda inspired Amiibo are releasing this holiday to include an 8-bit Link amiibo.
- Streetpass Mii Plaza is getting updated with new games today.
- Mario Sports Superstars coming to 3DS featuring golf, tennis, horse racing, soccer and baseball.
- Picross 3D Round 2 is out today!
- Tank Troopers, a new game for 3DS was announced.
- Hyrule Warriors Legends 3rd DLC pack is out today.
- Animal Crossing is getting a mini direct covering new amiibo functionality this fall.
New 3DS Trailers shown during the 3DS Direct
- Pokemon Sun & Moon (Nov 18)
- Dragon Quest 7 (Sep 16)
- Sonic Boom (Sept 27)
- Mario Party Star Rush (Nov 8)
- Disney Magical World 2 (Oct 14)
- SMT IV: Apocalypse (Sept 20)
- Yo-Kai Watch 2 (Sept 30)
- Ever Oasis (out in 2017)
The entire direct and mini-videos can be watched in the slider below. What did you think about today’s announcements? Let us know in the comments below!